Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Jenna & Mark's Wedding Weekend











I first met Jenna in the 3rd grade at Woodland Park Elementary School...and we have been in each other's lives ever since! We became especially close our Senior year of high school when we both found out we were both seriously considering attending Middle Tennessee State University in the Fall of 2004. Throughout high school our brothers played football together, our parents took vacations together, and we ran around together. In college we lived together for the first two years, and we were the bestest of friends-many people would mistaken us for sisters. Life has taken us in different directions after graduating into adulthood, but my heart and soul will always love Jenna as a sister! True friendships never go away-they just pick up right where they leave off!

So I was extremely honored to participate in her wedding as a bridesmaid this past weekend. Mark and Jenna wed at the Moonshine Hill Historic Cabin in Franklin, Tennessee. Watching the childhood pictures of her float across the slideshow screen during the rehearsal dinner brought tears to my eyes, and watching her get ready for one of the most important days of her life gave me butterflies, because just recently I got engaged (this past September), and it gave me a surreal realization that we are now all grown up, getting married, and doing the grown up things in life we used to always sit up and dream about in our college apartments!

The glow on Mark's face and tears in his eyes as he said his vows to Jenna will forever be etched in my memory. It was a precious, perfect ceremony, and I was more than happy to participate in a PERFECT FALL WEDDING!

Until next time!

Love & Light Always,
Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment