Monday, November 22, 2010

Girl Scout Father/Daughter Dance for Troop # 478





Examples of Formal Shots done with the girls and their "dates" =)



SO I am A HUGE FAN of Girl Scouts-I was a Girl Scout up until they no longer offered it at our school...AND it was through Girl Scouts that I discovered my passion for photography...yes this was when I was just a wee little girl. Yep, that's right, on a good Ole' camping trip, I had finally convinced my Mom that I was old enough to be responsible for our camera, and wanted to work toward earning a photography patch, and then I took all the pictures I could that weekend, and thus began my addiction to going to WalMart and counting down the days until my film would be developed and delivered-funny I now know how my clients feel when I am editing a collection =) As a child, I would pour over all of the pictures I took of various life events, and as they say, practice makes perfect ;) SO here I am 20 years later... TAKING PICTURES for all of you lovely wonderful people!

This weekend was the FIRST ANNUAL Girl Scout Troop # 478 FATHER/DAUGHTER DANCE at the White County Agricultural Building in Sparta, Tennessee. I was asked to photograph the event and offer the girls a small formal print package they could purchase-and of course a portion of it went to help raise money for the girls. Let's just say these little girls getting all dressed up to dance with their Daddy's and Grandpa's and friends... was just PRECIOUS! I had the best time watching them all giggle and dance and crawl up into their dad/uncles/step dads/grandpas/ arms. I truly was one of the sweetest events I've had the pleasure of capturing on digital film!

Thank you Catrina Ledford and Jennifer Case for allowing me to photograph your special event! It was a huge success!!!

Love & Light Always,
Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment